3 Chocolate Chip Cookie Flavors Live Tasting Recap
Thank you to everyone for tuning in to our first live Instagram cookie tasting on July 30, 2021! We hope you enjoyed a peek into our baking area to see where the magic happens, as well as getting to hear the stories behind some of our original cookies from our founder himself. We certainly enjoyed getting to sip port and Manhattans while nibbling on Bing Blings! — we can’t complain about the perks of working at a cookie company
For those who missed the event (you can always watch it again on our Instagram feed!) or those who want to recreate some of the drinks, we’re sharing our cookie-drink pairings and recipes.
The cookie that started it all! Dark Belgian chocolate meets crunchy walnuts and a hint of coconut in our founder’s namesake.
Pair with: Your favorite milk or milk alternative (Michael’s go-to is 2%, but you can’t go wrong with any pairing when the Pinckney Original is involved.) After all, is there a combination more classic than warm chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of milk?
The classic oatmeal cookie gets a Pinckney twist with Belgian chocolate chips, a bit of coconut and — our (not so) secret ingredient — a hint of orange.
Pair with: A dark chocolate orange mocha for the perfect breakfast treat or afternoon pick-me-up
Dark Chocolate Orange Mocha Recipe
- 2-3 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil (or 2 teaspoons Monin/Torani Orange syrups)
- ½ - 1 Tbs Sugar, to taste (omit if using coffee syrups)
- 1 Tbs Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 1 serving of your favorite coffee preparation (1oz espresso shot, 6oz pour over/AeroPress/etc)
- Milk or Milk alternative (10oz for espresso, 6oz for pour over/Aeropress/etc)
- Whipped Cream (opt)
- Brew one serving of coffee, in your preferred manner.
- Pour coffee into your mug of choice.
- Stir sweet orange essential oil, or orange syrup, and sugar into the coffee.
- Mix cocoa powder into milk or milk alternative and froth.
- Pour milk into the mug with the coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Decadent with dried Bing cherries, coconut and dark Belgian chocolate chips, the Bing Bling! is our founder’s favorite — Michael eats one almost every day. And something that beloved deserves a celebratory drink.
Pair with: Manhattan or Port Wine
- Woodinville Whiskey Co Rye or Bourbon (or your favorite whiskey, bourbon or rye)
- Sweet Vermouth
- Angostura or Cinnamon Bitters
- Luxardo Cherries
- Orange Peel garnish (opt)
- Martini/Coupe/Highball glasses
- Add the bourbon, whiskey or rye, sweet vermouth and bitters to a mixing glass with ice, and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with a Luxardo cherry and an orange peel.
Craving cookies? Excited to host your next party with our cookie-drink pairings? We hope you’ll tune in for our next live cookie tasting on Friday, August 13, 2021, at 7 PM PST on Instagram!
RSVP on Eventbrite now, and we’ll throw in a 15% off coupon code for your next order of a dozen cookies or more. To make it even easier to take part in the cookie-tasting fun, we’ve put together a tasting box with the upcoming featured cookies.
Order a traditional or Miracle Cookie tasting box today to get into the live tasting spirit!