Double Chocolate Espresso Live Tasting Recap
Thank you to everyone for tuning in to our second live Instagram cookie tasting on August 13, 2021! We hope you enjoyed getting to hear about the Double Chocolate Espresso from our founder himself — as well as learn about a surprise addition to the evenings cookie lineup.
We certainly enjoyed eating ice cream and gelato, and drinking mixed drinks with ice cream, with this delicious cookie. It's amazing what constitutes “work” at a cookie company.
For those who missed the event (you can always watch it again on our Instagram feed!) or those who want to recreate some of the drinks, we’re sharing how to recreate each delicious pairing.
Double Chocolate Espresso
Fine Belgian bitter and semi-sweet chocolate and cocoa powder with notes of espresso . . . Meet our addictive brownie-cookie hybrid!
Pair with: A glass of cold milk; the colder the better.
Eat with: A scoop of fine ice cream. (We recommend vanilla, chocolate, coffee, strawberry, cherry chocolate chip, salted caramel, or mint chocolate chip). To make it truly special, drizzle it with Fran's Raspberry Sauce.
Pair with: An Irish Coffee Affogato. This delicious cross between a mixed drink and dessert is the perfect accompaniment for a Double Chocolate Espresso cookie.
Irish Coffee Affogato recipe (makes 4 servings)
- Vanilla bean ice cream or gelato
- 3 oz strong coffee or a shot of espresso per glass
- 4 Tbs Irish Whiskey (we used Jamison)
- 4 Tbs Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Chocolate covered coffee beans for garnish
- Brew a small pot of strong coffee or 4 shots of espresso and let cool a bit.
- In a decorative glass or coupe champagne glass spoon one to two large scoops of the vanilla Ice cream or gelato.
- In each glass, pour the coffee over the ice cream, followed by the Tablespoon of Irish Whiskey and tablespoon of Bailey’s.
- Garnish with a chocolate covered coffee bean. Serve immediately.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Meet the perfect duo: toasted macadamia nuts and white chocolate, oats, coconut and a hint of cinnamon. Our twist on this sweet cookie jar classic is finely balanced and subtly spiced.
Eat with: A scoop of coconut gelato.
It was the Double Chocolate Espresso cookie happy hour, but we couldn't resist adding in treat of our newest cookie.
Watch your inbox (sign up for our newsletter if you haven’t for exclusive offers, free cookies and baking tips!) and our Instagram and Facebook feeds to learn about the next cookie happy hour, coming to you in September.